CrystecPharma provides particle and crystal engineering solutions to the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries, contributing to human health by enabling new and more effective therapies. This is achieved through the application of the latest supercritical fluid (SCF) technologies, and the integration of cutting edge developments in the field into our work.
Crystec's services include crystal form screening and particle design, addressing issues of poor solubility and stability, improved and new routes of delivery (e.g.inhaled/nasal) and improved performance in support of product lifecycle management (LCM) and product development programmes. Our technologies can be applied to small drug molecules and also to macromolecules in a range of dosage forms. We have enjoyed widespread success in the projects we have undertaken in these areas.
Our proprietary technology and extensive knowhow allow us to provide support in many areas, including:
- Crystal and particle engineering for targeted delivery and enhanced product performance
- Stabilisation and rapid reconstitution of biotherapeutics
- Uniform composite particles, for single particle combination therapies (attractive for co-deposition of API's in respiratory drug delivery) or for co-formulation with enhancer molecules (to facilitate membrane transport)
- Formation of pure metastable forms that have enhanced solubility and which demonstrate improved chemical and physical stability
- Faster onset of action
- Potential to reduce the dose with equivalent levels of bioavailability
- Improved inhaled / nasal delivery through optimised particle design
After an in-depth review with our clinical advisor and consultants we have various in-house and collaborative programmes underway to develop improved therapeutic products with a focus on meeting unmet clinical needs. Our current programme includes projects in malaria, fungal infections, endometriosis, COPD, dyslipidaemia and pain.
Crystec is open to collaboration on product development, on a risk sharing basis, where appropriate.
Crystec engages in contract and collaborative research, as well as licensing products, proprietary technology and intellectual property in solid state pharmaceutical materials. We are actively seeking clients working with challenging large and small molecule therapeutics who are seeking to achieve improved bioavailability, enhanced stability or require a new route of delivery.
The Crystec team consists of the some of the world’s leading scientists in the field of supercritical fluid technology based pharmaceutics, including Professor Peter York. The team has more than sixty years of experience in the field.
Members of the Crystec team were responsible for the design and development of the world's first supercritical fluid (SCF) engineered drug, an inhaled fast-onset treatment for migraine, which recently filed its NDA and is expected to launch this year. This is a drug that was taken from an intravenous (IV) route of delivery to inhaled, with equivalent levels of activity using SCF processing.
Miss Catherine Hunter
Business Development Manager
Clients in focus...