With growing demands on human medicines, now being designed for delivery to patients through a range of alternative routes of administration, the requirements for engineering specific characteristics of drug particles are ever increasing. This allows a potential increase in their efficiency creating new and more effective therapies. These desirable properties range across a spectrum of structural, physicochemical and surface features, for example particle size and solid state crystallography.
Crystec's technology and extensive knowhow allows us to provide many, varied product solutions, including the following:
- Crystal and particle engineering for targeted delivery and enhanced product performance
- Stabilisation of molecules derived from biopharmaceuticals (e.g. peptides)
- Formation of pure metastable forms that have enhanced solubility and which demonstrate enhanced physical and chemical stability
- Composite, smart and product combination particles
- Improved inhaled and nasal delivery through optimised particle design
- Demonstrated capability from initial concept through the scale-up process to GMP manufacture
We have enjoyed widespread success in the projects that we have undertaken and our knowledge and knowhow is wide-ranging. Members of the Crystec team rank among the world's experts in pharmaceutical particle engineering. The team includes our Chief Scientist, Professor Peter York (a leading authority on pharmaceutics and co-founder of the highly successful Bradford Particle Design), and our Development Director, Dr Lyn Daintree, who developed the world's first SCF particle engineered drug, which recently filed its NDA and is expected to launch this year.
CrystecPharma's intellectual property strategy is to protect products, maintaining its technology platform and scale-up expertise as trade secret.
The Crystec team are keen to identify partners with challenging small or large molecules, requiring enhanced delivery. Opportunities for discussion would include poorly soluble drugs, inhaled and nasal delivery, stabilisation of peptides/proteins, polymorphs and composite particles.
The Crystec team are also keen to identify partners for its in-house pipeline of products, which include applications in Urinary Incontinence (UI), Endometriosis, Malaria and COPD.
Miss Catherine Hunter
Business Development Manager
CrystecPharma applies the latest supercritical fluid (SCF) technologies to improve the design and performance of medicinesView profile
Clients in focus...